Manchester United expect Robin van Persie to be 100 percent fit in time for the Champions League second leg round of 16 home tie with Real Madrid in a weeks time Goal.com reports. Van Persie injured his hip against Queens Park Rangers and was in considerable pain after the match.
Van Persie had to be substituted after 41 minutes last Saturday in the Premier League match against QPR after he fell into a photographer's dug-out. The Dutch striker hit the edge of the dug-out and severely bruised his hip which caused him to experience much pain later on. Van Persie may start on the bench on Saturday for United's league match against Norwich but should be fit to start against Real on that Tuesday.
Sir Alex Ferguson will want to give van Persie every chance of a full recovery in time for the Champions League but, given the importance of the game with Real, van Persie may have started on the bench against Norwich regardless of an injury. United have plenty of firepower up front and may rest a number of key players in preparation for Real's visit to Old Trafford.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Manchester United Await Fitness of Defenders Ahead of Real Madrid Clash
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Likely to Miss Real Madrid Second Leg
- Manchester United Will Meet Real Madrid in the Champions League Round of 16
- Sir Alex Ferguson Names 22 Man Manchester United Squad for Real Madrid Match
- Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney Injury Doubts for Manchester United
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qiq